Check-In / Check-Out Policies
Check-In: 3:00 PM / If arriving past 8:00 P.M. please call-in advance to make arrangements.
Check-Out: 10:30 AM / Please return keys and place luggage in lobby if needed. By 11:00 am all rooms are serviced and a $50 fee will be charged for any late check-out.
Room Key fee: $50.00 will be charged for keys not returned at check-out.
The Governor’s House Inn is an exclusive property where every guest reservation is both important and special to us. If you must cancel your reservation:
- Deposits on cancellations more than 31 days prior to arrival date will be given a full refund on their credit card, less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Deposits on cancellations less than 30 days prior to arrival date will be given a Gift Certificate, less a $25 cancellation fee, good for one year.
- Cancellations within 2 days prior to arrival date will be charged 100% of their reservation fee.
- Early departures are treated as Cancellations. No refunds or discounts.
- Guests who do not arrive are deemed, “No Shows”, and will be charged 100% of their reservation fee.
- COM GUESTS ONLY: Reservations cancelled 14 days prior to arrival date will be charged 50% of the total price of their reservation. If Guests do not show up, they will be charged 100% of their reservation fee.
- Wedding & Group Events Policies – see Wedding & Group Events Contract for details.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A Deposit equal to 50% for two or more nights is collected at the time of booking. With the balance due at check-in. 2-night minimum stay.
- A Credit Card is required to be kept on file at the time of booking for incidentals and non-arrivals.
- If you are not checked in by 7:00pm, we will run the card on file for the remaining balance of your stay.
- Payment for retail items and gift certificates are collected in full at the time of purchase.
- The City of Charleston charges Sales Tax 9% & Accommodation Tax 5%.
GROUPS RESERVING 5 OR MORE ROOMS
Any groups reserving 5 or more rooms will have a 10% service charge applied to each room
per day. Please call the Inn to arrange bookings for groups or booking the entire Inn.
GIFT CERTIFICATE POLICIES
The Gift Certificate number must be provided at the time of booking and presented at check-in. Gift certificates are Non-transferable. Any remaining amount on gift certificates can be used toward another stay at the Inn. Gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash. Certificates expire one year from issuance.
CHILDREN- No children under the age of 12, may stay at the Governor’s House Inn.
Special situations allow for children ages 12 and older. Please call the Inn to make arrangements.
No animals may stay at the Governor’s House Inn. The only exception is a “Service Animal” as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Service Animals must be identified as such by wearing their proper identifying garb at all times. A pet used for “comfort” or “companionship” does not comply with the terms of the ADA and will be asked to leave the premises. Two (2) rooms are available for guests requiring the use of Service Animals. The Barbados Room and Orange Grove Room are able to accommodate such guests. At no time are Service Animals to be left unaccompanied anywhere outside or within the Governor’s House Inn. Any Service Animal that is not housebroken or considered by management to be “out of control” may be asked to be removed from the premises. Please note that in some states misrepresentation of a pet as a Service Animal is a criminal act.
- The Inn is fully air-conditioned and each room has its own thermostat.
- The Inn does not have an elevator. Please be aware of the room location when making your reservation.
- The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a smoke free establishment. If two or more staff members verify the smell of smoke in your room, your credit card will be charged an additional $500.00 for airing, cleaning and lost room revenue. There are designated outdoor smoking areas around the mansion.
- The Washington Suite located on the lower level of the Kitchen House is the only accommodation that may allow more than two (2) occupants with the use of its queen pull out sofa. A $50.00 per person, per day, fee for the use of the sofa bed and other amenities will be charged. If any guests in excess of the allowed occupancy are determined to be in any room a rate increase of $50.00 per person will be charged. Individuals who are not identified as room occupants may be asked to leave the premises.
- Internet specials that were not available at the time of booking a reservation will not be applied. Rates are subject to change without prior notice.