TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A Deposit equal to 50% for two or more nights is collected at the time of Booking, with the balance due at check-in. A two night minimum is required.
- A Credit Card is required on file at the time of booking for incidentals and non-arrivals.
- A Credit Card is required at Check-in. If you are not checked in by 8:00pm, we will run the card on file for the remaining balance of your stay.
- Payment for retail items and gift certificates are collected in full at the time of purchase.
GROUPS RESERVING 5 OR MORE ROOMS
Any groups reserving 5 or more rooms will have a 5% service charge applied to each room per day. Please call the Inn to arrange bookings for groups or booking the entire Inn.
GIFT CERTIFICATE POLICIES
The Gift Certificate number must be provided at the time of booking and presented at check-in. Gift certificates are Non-transferable. Any remaining amount on gift certificates can be used toward another stay at the Inn. Gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash. Certificates expire one year from issuance.
Special situations allow for children ages 12 and older. Please call the Inn to make arrangements.
No animals may stay at the Governor’s House Inn. The only exception is a “Service Animal” as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Service Animals must be identified as such by wearing their proper identifying garb at all times. A pet used for “comfort” or “companionship” does not comply with the terms of the ADA and will be asked to leave the premises. Two (2) rooms are available for guests requiring the use of Service Animals. The Barbados Room and Orange Grove Room are able to accommodate such guests. At no time are Service Animals to be left unaccompanied anywhere outside or within the Governor’s House Inn. Any Service Animal that is not housebroken or considered by management to be “out of control” may be asked to be removed from the premises. Please note that in some states misrepresentation of a pet as a Service Animal is a criminal act.
- The Inn is fully air-conditioned and each room has its own thermostat.
- The Inn does not have an elevator. Please be aware of the room location when making your reservation.
- The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and a smoke free establishment. If we find someone has been smoking in a guest room, there will be a $200.00 fine assessed. There are designated outdoor smoking areas.
- The Washington Suite located on the lower level of the Kitchen House is the only accommodation that may allow more than two (2) occupants with the use of its queen pull out sofa. A $50.00 per person fee for the use of the sofa bed and other amenities will be charged. If any guests in excess of the allowed occupancy are determined to be in any room a rate increase of $50.00 per person will be charged. Guests may be asked to leave the premises.
- Check-In: 3:00 P.M. Rooms are not available for use before 2:30. If arriving past 8:00 P.M. please call in advance to make arrangements.
- Check-out: 10:30 AM. Please return keys & place luggage in the check-in lobby (main floor porch) to valet along with vehicle for the morning if needed. By 11:00 AM, ALL rooms are serviced and a $50.00 fee will be charged. Guest adherence keeps our Inn running smoothly!
- Room Key fee of $50.00 will be charged for keys not returned at check-out.
The Governor’s House Inn is an exclusive property where every guest reservation is both important and special to us. If you must cancel your reservation:
- Deposits on cancellations More than 31 days prior to arrival date will be given a full refund, less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Reservations made through our GHI website or over the phone, and who cancel 30 days prior to arrival date will be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee, and the remainder of the deposit will be put onto a gift certificate, good for one year.
- Cancellations within 2 days prior to arrival date will be charged 100% of their reservation fee.
- No refunds or Discounts for early departures.
- Guests that do not arrive, “No Shows” will be charged 100% of their reservation fee.
- BOOKING.COM GUESTS ONLY: Reservations cancelled 14 days prior to arrival date will be charged 50% of the total price of their reservation. If Guest do not show up they will charged the total price.
- Wedding/Group Events Policies-see Wedding & Group Events Contract for details.