Couples today who consider themselves history buffs and who long for the glamor of a by-gone era, or who just want to celebrate their weddings in venues with stories to tell have a great option to choose from, including historic wedding venues Charleston. Nearly everybody has a different opinion of what their ideal big day would be, and nearly everyone would agree that a great day involves a breathtaking hall.
An additional advantage of hosting one’s wedding at a historic wedding venue in Charleston is that most of these venues have large and beautiful gardens, which many people may have never seen before.
Things to know about wedding venues
There are several historic wedding venues in charleston, which anyone can choose from. Some of these wedding venues have been used for some very famous weddings.
Are historic wedding venues any different?
All the historic wedding venues in charleston, such as mansions, ballrooms, and chapels, are distinct from themselves. They are most lived-in to allow individuals to experience a cozy atmosphere without losing any glamor and sparkle that people deserve on their special days. Similarly, historic wedding venues are different in size. Some can accommodate small and intimate services, while others can accommodate large events.
Facilities offered at most historic wedding venues
Most historic wedding venues have amazing settings for couples to celebrate with friends and family. There are gardens that offer amazing backgrounds for incredible videos and photographs. Couples can hold their ceremonies in exclusive areas accessed via private gateways.
Most historic wedding venues have purpose-built weddings and events. Pavilion nestles are situated amid exotic planting.
Holding weddings in historic castles
Couples can easily create a day to remember in historic wedding venues such as castles. Castles allow couples to take advantage of their luxurious and unique outdoor and outdoor spaces. Guests can enjoy the breathtaking first appearance of the bride on the castle hall staircases as the civil ceremonies start, through to signing the wedding register, all of which contribute to a romantic start in a couple’s life.
Planning for guests at a historic wedding venue
When choosing a historic wedding venue, a couple’s expected guest list plays a significant role in where they will ultimately tie the knot. A guest list anticipating 300 guests won’t work in an intimate country church. In this scenario, guests may not all ably physically fit inside such a church, and the chances are that they would be squished together into pews or tucked into inconveniencing corners.
Accessibility at a historic wedding venue
One way guests can impact the historic wedding venue one chooses is by assessing that venue’s accessibility. Suppose some of the VIP guests can’t easily walk down a forest path or can’t comfortably sit outdoors. In that case, a couple must think about choosing a venue offering accessibility services for all to create a memorable wedding experience.
Factors to consider when choosing mansion wedding venues
Besides choosing mansion wedding venues in charleston, which suit a couple’s wedding vision, several other things can make a difference when couples are choosing the perfect wedding venue, as listed below;
- Lighting: Couples should see that their wedding venues have ample lighting, which will illuminate for the entire day. Good lighting helps photographers easily capture all the vital events throughout the day. In the absence of adequate lighting, couples should ask the venue caretakers if they are willing to rent additional equipment to provide light.
- On-site coordination: Many historic wedding venues in Charleston provide a coordinator dedicated to a wedding event. This helps know the ins and outs of a wedding venue whenever guests need assistance regarding the venue. Note that a venue coordinator isn’t a wedding planner.
- Catering options: If a historic wedding venue offers in-house catering services, couples should ask if they can taste the meals before choosing their wedding menu. If the couples are not fascinated by the in-house meals, they can inquire whether an outside catering service should come in to prepare and serve meals.
- Wedding event exclusivity: Before choosing a wedding venue, a couple should first find out whether their event will be the only one hosted on their preferred date. In case of clashes with other weddings, a couple should look for other venues and inform their guests accordingly, especially if they don’t want to share a venue with another couple.
- Presence of vendor restrictions: Couples planning for weddings should ask if their most preferred mansion wedding venues have lists of vendors or if they can utilize any outdoor vendors they like. If they are using venue vendors, couples should ask if there are discounts provided. Couples should inquire about any restrictions involved in choosing external vendors.
Why travelers use Historic Inns
Historic inns have become a favorite lodging choice for several travelers annually. This is partly because any Historic Inn charleston’s quaint, homey atmosphere provides a personalized experience, which is hard to find in most brand-backed accommodation venues.
Do historic inns have common areas?
Some historic inns have common areas such as well-organized libraries, game tables, DVD libraries of recent videos, and grand pianos for guests to use. There can be DVD players in every room and popcorn to take to the movies.
Are historic inns secure?
Several historic inns provide security and privacy to their guests and aren’t accessible to the public. At most historic inns, entrances are locked, and all guests are registered and given access codes. This helps keep guest areas exclusive to only registered guests in the historic inns.
Do historic inns pay close attention to their guests?
Most historic inns in charleston will give guests their innkeeper’s mobile numbers and answer any questions. Upon check-in, or as soon as possible thereafter, every guest is given a personal tour of the Historic Inn in charleston, where the innkeeper provides guests with information about the room features and the local area.
Is it okay to consider historic wedding venue ideas?
It’s okay to do so. There are many venues that practice proper hygiene and cleanliness using cleaning chemicals, which are effective against coronavirus. They use linens, towels, and laundry washed in line with local authority guidelines. Additionally, meals are covered and delivered securely by vendors.