There is so much happening in historic Charleston, SC this summer and whether one wants to hit the many world-class farmer’s markets, festivals, cultural events, house tours, bed and breakfasts, and visits to famous sites like Fort Sumter, the calendar is likely to be overflowing. This area is also a popular spot for summer wedding due to the many historic venues that couples all around the country end up choosing for their dream wedding.
There are a couple of options for bed and breakfast and historic mansion wedding venues in Charleston that can turn a smaller wedding into an unforgettable event. These venues can accommodate a ceremony, reception, and areas for the bridal party and groomsmen to get ready and relax in distinct Charleston style to guarantee an unforgettable “big day”.
Not only does a B&B or mansion make for the perfect wedding setting, but they also offer access to many of the exciting things guests can experience about the area. Discover more about the exciting activities and opportunities guests can enjoy during a summer wedding in Charleston!
Ideal Activities for a Bridal Party in Charleston Before the Big Day
While many are happy to spend the days leading up to the wedding relaxing at the beautiful venues, many will want to explore more of the city as there are a number of fun events and festivals that may occur during the wedding weekend. If a bridal party is looking for ideas for a bachelorette party or a simple relaxing girls day out before the wedding activities, there are a number of great events happening around Charleston this summer, including:
- Spoleto Festival in early June – One of America’s premier arts festivals it occurs in a long list of outdoor venues, historic theaters, churches and other spaces and would be a great thing to do after a morning at a bed and breakfast in Charleston
- Charleston Carifest Caribbean Carnival in late June – Honoring Caribbean American Heritage Month, it features food, dancing, music, and much more.
- City-wide Scavenger Hunt – When members of the bridal party in Charleston are done with their duties, this amazing group activity, known as “Let’s Roam Charleston” gets everyone out and about, exploring the gorgeous streets and historic sites for hours of fun.
- Theater adventures – This summer, those enjoying the best mansion wedding venues in Charleston can also fill in any gaps in activities by visiting the area’s theaters, and see shows like “Sherlock’s Other Brother By A Southern Mother”, “Murder Aboard the Starship Fed Ora”, and “Simply Irresistible,” among many others.
- Farmer’s Markets – It goes without saying that anyone visiting Charleston may want to eat their way through the beautiful, foodie destination and the many farmer’s markets are not to be missed. There are choices like Folly Beach Farmers Market, Charleston Farmers Market, Summerville Farmers Market, Johns Island Farmers Market and North Charleston Farmers Market, and more!
- Historic Sites – While enjoying nuptials and the many events associated with a wedding at one of the finest historic wedding venues in Charleston, don’t forget to enjoy such activities as a sunset at Fort Sumter, Drayton Hall gallery talks, tours at Aiken-Rhett House, a visit to the Nathaniel Russell House, and more
- Special Events – There are always lots of summer events for visitors to the premier B&Bs in Charleston to enjoy. These include Pints for Preservation, Charleston Riverdogs Baseball home games, Freshfields Village Music On The Green Series and their Starlight Cinema Series, the Annual Swing For A Cure Kickoff Party And Golf Tournament (a great way for a wedding party to get out and about), the annual Race The Landing Series, Jazz on the Harbor, and so many other exciting activities from which to choose.
It won’t matter if the wedding is full of fans of music, food, culture, outdoor adventures, shopping, history or anything else because there are many fun things to do close to the finest mansion wedding venues in Charleston.
Choose a Wedding Venue with Easy Access to Charleston
Of course, if a great wedding venue in a convenient location was chosen for the big day, it might just provide the entire bridal party, family, and guests with enough to keep them happy and satisfied without having to venture too far. Choosing an option in downtown area could mean walking distance from Battery and City Market, the Spoleto area, and all of the amazing dining and shopping that makes Charleston a consistently award-winning destination. It also might be a good idea to choose a venue with onsite parking in case guests cannot walk to these destinations and would prefer to conveniently drive there and back without having to search for street parking.
Opting for a smaller bed and breakfast in Charleston is likely to satisfy any couple looking for a more intimate setting. This will allow them to dedicate a lot of time to individual guests and bridal party members. Some B&Bs will offer a handful of rooms that ensure that guests coming from a long distance don’t have to spend time away at a hotel and traveling to and from the venue. With premium, convenient wedding venues, everyone can stay together and enjoy lots of time interacting and making memories that will last a lifetime.
Some of the things guests can look forward to in a smaller Charleston B&B is incredible ambiance, delicious morning meals, afternoon teas, evening sherry, wine and cheese, gorgeous gardens, and much more that cannot be experienced at other venues.
Find a B&B in Charleston for a Dream Wedding Weekend
There are so many reasons to select one of the luxurious mansions or B&B wedding venues in Charleston for a celebration this summer, and opting for a beautiful, historic downtown property is the best way to keep the couple, the family, the wedding party, and the guests happy throughout all of the wedding weekend events.