Chocolate Chip Scones “A Hershey’s Recipe” Yields: 24 scones Ingredients
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.