At the Governor’s House Inn, we love to share great recipes with our guests and followers. If you’ve got a craving for a delicious fruit-filled dessert, then you should definitely try out this blueberry and peach granola crisp, from the local palate:
A simplified version of a classic cobbler, chock full of fresh peaches and blueberries.
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granola
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss the fruit mixture together into a greased cooking pan until evenly combined. Add the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl, cutting the butter into the dry ingredients until you get a coarse crumble. Spread the topping over the top of the fruit mixture and bake for 30_40 minutes or until browned and crispy. Cool slightly before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.