There’s nothing quite like a weekend away to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, allowing couples to share quality time together. Charleston is a popular destination for visitors who want a getaway that is both fun and romantic. The options for activities to do on a retreat in the city are endless and include the following ideas for couples to enjoy together:
- Staying in luxury accommodations – A great vacation will leave couples relaxed and pampered, and staying in a high-end location is the best way achieve that feeling. Charleston is known for it’s charming B&B accommodations that are more intimate and quaint than large hotels are. The most prestigious and comfortable bed and breakfasts in Charleston will provide guests with all of the amenities and attention to detail that are needed to make their stay feel special.
- Taking a walking historical tour – Many couples enjoy experiencing the rich history of the city with a walking tour, taking in the monuments and sights on foot. Many tour companies offer group tours, tours with downloadable audio guides, or couples can take a self-guided tour to the major historical sites with a little research. Enjoying a walk through town allows visitors to experience all of the history that the city has to offer.
- Dining at the city’s best restaurants – When couples stay in a B&B that is centrally located in downtown Charleston, it puts them within walking distance to the finest restaurants in the city. The wide variety of restaurants in the area allows vacationers to dine at a different spot for each meal. A tasting tour of the best eateries in the city leaves visitors thoroughly satisfied by the time their trip comes to an end. The expert staff at any hotel can assist with any reservations or recommendations that are needed to make dining experiences more convenient and memorable.
- Sampling coffee shops and bakeries – When couples are not enjoying a meal in one of the city’s exquisite fine dining restaurants, many couples enjoy spending time together by visiting some of the city’s best coffee shops. After a morning meal at one of Charleston’s bed and breakfast hotels, visitors are ready to walk the city’s streets and savor coffee and pastries together in any number of great venues.
- Spending time outdoors – The scenery and outdoor spaces in the city are something that cannot be missed. Visitors to the city can enjoy relaxing on the grounds of their B&B or walk to one of the nearby parks that make Charleston the beautiful city that it is. In addition to the many parks in the city, the waterfront area is popular with tourists and locals alike. Many accommodations near the waterfront will provide guests with beach towels and chairs at little or no additional cost.
Tags: B & B Charleston