When travel experts are asked about the best smaller cities in the U.S., Charleston, SC is sure to appear at the top of many lists. Full of charming neighborhoods, parks, and architecture, it is also a wonderfully historic spot with all kinds of cultural venues, dining options, and sights to enjoy. Staying at a B & B in Charleston is always a good idea, but even better than that is booking a historic bed and breakfast in Charleston as the venue for a wedding.
Whether it is used as a spot for the bridal party to stay in during their bachelorette weekend in Charleston or a couple opts to host their actual wedding at the romantic venue, it is without a doubt a wise way to create an unforgettable day. Naturally, one of the most beautiful choices would be to look for mansion wedding venues in Charleston as they offer a more intimate space, loads of historic charm, and a level of customization and personalization that few other sites offer.
How can a couple choose a B & B Charleston for their wedding party or a bed and breakfast Charleston that serves as the venue for the entire event? Take a look at five of the reasons to choose a unique mansion wedding venue in Charleston to savor and enjoy the special day!
Why So Many Book Weddings & Bachelorette Weekends at a Historic Charleston Venue
Many things might inspire a couple to consider a B & B in Charleston as a key component or focal point for their wedding day. Perhaps one of their first romantic getaways was in a bed and breakfast in Charleston. Perhaps both of them saw one of the mansion wedding venues in Charleston during another visit and envisioned their big day in such a classic setting. Whatever the reasons, it makes perfect sense to book rooms for a bridal party in a lovely bed and breakfast or at one of the many historic wedding venues in Charleston.
Some of the top reasons couples choose these venues include the following:
- It is effortlessly classic – A historic B & B in Charleston is going to reflect the region’s unmatched charm and classic style. Any of the mansion wedding venues in the area will have more than a century of history, and lots of previous couples will have chosen to exchange vows there, too. The setting, then, will reflect the desire for grace and elegance that is at the heart of almost any wedding event.
- It feels like home – Though a historic bed and breakfast in Charleston will be grand and classic, it is also far warmer and more home-like than a lot of other wedding venues. After all, historic wedding venues in this town were usually former homes. Though large and rather opulent by modern standards, they make a wonderfully welcoming and far more intimate setting for the wedding day and bridal party in a Charleston-area event. Just envision the kinds of furniture, wall art, and general décor that a historic bed and breakfast has in comparison to a traditional wedding venue.
- It is large enough for a reasonably sized wedding – Of course, as homey as it might be, and as comfortably furnished as it is, the historic venue is also going to be ideally sized for a wedding. It will not host hundreds within its walls, but a lovely gathering of family and friends is likely to be easily accommodated within one of the better mansion wedding venues of Charleston. For example, it is likely to have more than a dozen rooms, a few thousand square feet of common space (such as lounges and dining areas), great parking, stunning porches and gardens, and attentive staff. This means every need of the bridal party in an intimate wedding will be easily met, and a nice number of guests will be easily and comfortably welcomed.
- And about those gardens…It is important to keep in mind that many of the best historic wedding venues of Charleston will provide gorgeous outdoor spaces, including gardens and grounds. While this makes a lovely setting for any part of the wedding day, keep in mind that these venues can offer a couple of amazing spots for wedding day photos. It can also allow for photos before and after the wedding, including as a setting for engagement shoots, rehearsal photos, and iconic images of the bridal parties preparing for the big event. Guests arriving at a historic bed and breakfast in Charleston may also be wowed by the looks of the building and grounds, making it an even more appealing experience for all.
- Mansion Wedding Venues in Charleston Come in Many Styles – When thinking of whether or not to accommodate a bridal party for a Charleston wedding at one of the better bed and breakfasts or to choose one of the premium historic wedding venues, it is important to remember that not all buildings are alike. Yes, there will be a certain style, such as a late 19th-century look to some spots, but it is also possible to find 18th-century properties when looking for a B & B in Charleston. Whether it is a Federal-style, Art Deco, Reconstruction era, or another sort of design, there are many mansion wedding venues in the area to suit any taste.
Book the Entire Wedding Weekend or a Simple Elegant Party or Rehearsal Dinner
If the couple is planning to have a larger wedding, but would still like to host a more intimate gathering for their engagement party, bachelor or bachelorette party, or rehearsal dinner, the historic bed and breakfast could be a good idea for just that aspect of the wedding activities. Many more couples in recent years are looking to hold wedding ceremonies and receptions in a more romantic, intimate setting, and the lovely mansion venues of Charleston can accommodate that is well.
Even for those with a large bridal party and even larger guest list, the ability to savor some quiet time in one of the historic wedding venues Charleston, take some photos, get some pampering, and just relax before such a significant day is a real treat, and one not to be missed.
Any couple planning a wedding can learn more about the unique history of these venues in Charleston and discover one that is right for them!