Charleston makes a wonderful place for couples to get married. The historic locations, the southern elegance, and the beauty of the city make one of the hottest destinations for couples who are planning their nuptials. When planning their big day, couples look for the most romantic settings get married, where all of their criteria for creating the finest experience are being met. When planning a ceremony and reception in the city, some key things to consider include the following:
- Beautiful location – Even the most glamorous interiors can’t hide a bad location. A great location should be stunning, both inside and out, and be located in an romantic setting. Many couples choose to get married on one the city’s exquisite hotel properties that feature pre-revolutionary architecture and beautifully manicured grounds, often set right in the heart of downtown.
- Picturesque environment – When selecting a location, many couples overlook the matter of how it will look in photographs, or where they will have their pictures taken. The city’s finest locales will provides couples with the ideal backdrop to their photography, whether it’s taken inside a stately drawing rooms, or outside on perfectly landscaped hotel grounds. Every inch of a property should be painstakingly maintained and tended to, making it the perfect setting for a couple’s special day.
- Getting ready area – A great setting will have areas for everyone to get ready in before the ceremony. Charleston’s best venues will provide couples with plenty of space for the entire bridal party to gather and prepare before the walk down the aisle. Couples love spending the day getting ready with their bridesmaids or groomsmen, and a beautiful location allows them to do this in gorgeous suites that are full of southern style. When selecting a Charleston venue, couples should ensure that there is space to relax and primp with their bridal party before their ceremony.
- Cocktail hour area – The majority of planning involves the ceremony and the main reception. The cocktail hour is often overlooked, yet it is an important part of the day. Having a perfect area for cocktails allows guests to mingle after the ceremony and lets them to socialize before heading into dinner. When the bride and groom disappear to take their photos, they’ll want to know that their guests are well taken care of when they’re gone. Ensuring that a location has an appropriate area for cocktails after the ceremony will greatly enhance guest’s enjoyment and will give the newlyweds the peace of mind in knowing that the evening is off to the perfect start.
- Guest accommodations – It’s ideal for a couple to be able to offer premium accommodations to their guests who are visiting from out of town. When couples plan their big day at a high end hotel, it allows guests to enjoy all of the amenities and beauty of the property before, during, and after the ceremony and reception. Couples can take pride in offering their guests accommodations at one of Charleston’s many beautiful and historic wedding venues.
Tags: bridal party charleston