(Includes visitors who didn’t get it right the first time or may already be addicted to Charleston!)
We are HOT and on TOP of your Wish List as THE place to visit THIS summer, so come on down. Here at the Governor’s House Inn our staff is poised to serve up Southern Hospitality far beyond your expectations. When you visit our fabulous city for the first time, we consider it our duty to provide you a getaway experience that will keep you coming back for more.
Location! Location! Location! You know you are in Charleston when you stay with us. Our three- story 18th century mansion and kitchen house are fabulously located for your ease to explore all the wonders of Charleston. Just down the street, you will find our famous restaurants, shopping district, and art galleries blending in with the historic sites our ancestors bestowed upon us.
Imagine starting the day on our white columned veranda while sipping your choice of morning beverage and planning your day. Will it be a boat ride to Ft. Sumter, a historic house tour, visiting plantation gardens, or walking our cobblestone streets with a professional guide? Perhaps a lazy beach day, some shopping, and the lure of fine Southern dining is more your style. Whatever the choice, our staff can help guide you to make the most of your first trip to Charleston.
To get you acquainted, our “Perfect First Visit to Charleston” package offers you:
- Two evenings in one of our elegant guest rooms.
- A $100 Gift Certificate to dine at The Charleston Grill. We chose this restaurant because it offers Contemporary Lowcountry cuisine featuring fresh local produce, seafood & game, and our guests give it rave reviews.
- A guided tour through the Edmonston-Alston House filled with period antiques and located along our famous Battery. Here you will see for yourself how people lived in Charleston during the 1800′s. From the second floor veranda, you will have a beautiful view of Charleston Harbor and Fort Sumter where the Civil War began.
- To whet your appetite for the stories from our historic past, select the tour that fits your style:
- The delightful walking tour with Tommy Dew, the city’s favorite guide.
- The comfort of an air conditioned mini bus with Adventure Sightseeing for an overview of our peninsula location between the Ashley and Cooper Rivers.
- The fun of a horse drawn carriage tour through the Historic District with Palmetto Carriage Works and one of their entertaining guides.
Low season pricing from $575 to $955
High season pricing from $775 to $1375