Have you planned your trip to Charleston, South Carolina, but you are still wondering what to do when you get here? Well, there is no shortage of things to do and see in this historical city, and you honestly can’t go wrong no matter what you decide to take part in. If you need help rounding out your itinerary, then check out our brief guide below on what to do in Charleston:
What to Do In Charleston:
- Take a Carriage Tour Downtown: When you take a carriage tour through downtown Charleston, you will truly have a unique opportunity to take in the architecture and learn about the history that shaped the region. This is one of the best ways to see and learn about the city! If you would rather something more active, you should check out some of our bikes at the inn, and take a leisurely ride through the city.
- Walk the Cooper River Bridge (Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge): Not only is this bridge an architectural icon for Charleston, it provides it’s own unique vantage point to see the Charleston harbor and take in the rest of the city’s unique architecture and historical sites.
- Tour one of the Area Plantations: As you visit Charleston, remember many historic plantations are located around historic downtown in both Mount Pleasant and West Ashley. Drayton Hall plantation is a great option: it was built in 1738, and is the oldest plantation house open to the public.
- Go to the Beach! There’s no shortage of great beaches in the Charleston area. Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, and Folly Beach are all within a short driving distance of downtown and all have something unique to offer. If you decided to head out to Sullivan’s island, make sure you pay a visit to Fort Moultrie!
- Try The Restaurants & Bring Your Appetite! When you come to Charleston, SC, bring your appetite with you. There are plenty of great restaurants to chose from, and we can help you plan for it by providing recommendations and helping you book your reservation.
Here at the Governor’s House Inn, we understand what makes Charleston, SC a top destination for travelers. Our experienced Innkeepers at the Governor’s House can plan the perfect getaway for you and your special someone. We can also plan your upcoming Corporate retreat. Check out our Specials page or call us today at 800 720 9812. You can also connect with us via Facebook or our Contact Us page.