- This recipe will need to be chilled for eight hours over night!
- Double the recipe for a Full House
- Cook Time : 55 minutes
- Serves 12 people.
- 1 ½ to 2 loaves French Bread cubed.
- 2 packages (16 ounces total) of cream cheese.
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed.
- 8 eggs.
- 2 cups half and half.
- ¼ cup of maple syrup or any other syrup.
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Spray baking dish with Pam.
- Cut bread into 2 inch cubes. Place half in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Cut cream cheese into 1 inch cubes, place over bread.
- Top with blueberries and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Whisk in milk and syrup and blend well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cream cheese layers.
- Press down lightly to ensure egg mixture covers all bread cubes.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover with foil and bake a 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 25-30 minutes more or until golden brown and the center is set.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1tbs butter
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in blueberries and orange juice; reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries have burst. Strain the sauce and toss the blueberry skins of using frozen berries (the skins get tough when berries are frozen). Stir in butter until melted. Pour on sauce.